Steps to Selling a Home
10 Steps to Selling Your Home
- Find a real estate agent. Your agent is your partner in the selling process and has just one objective – to make sure your house is sold at the best price and terms the market can deliver.
We put you first. We will sell your home at the best possible price and terms, holding your interests above everyone else’s, including our own. Our skill and caring will guide you through the complex real estate process to a successful outcome and an excellent experience.
- Prepare your home. There may be some things you can do before you put your house on the market that will bring you a better price.
We help you strategize. Whether it’s polishing and de-cluttering, staging rooms, or minor repairs and improvements, we can tell you what will bring you the best return for the time and dollars invested.
- Price it right. Factors like location, condition, and recent sales of similar properties all affect the selling price of your home. A smart listing price will position you to get maximum value from your sale.
We know houses and we know the market. Since 1986 we have helped people sell their homes in all kinds of markets. We know how to calculate and communicate the real value of every aspect of your home. We will develop a pricing strategy with you to sell your home at the best possible price.
- Tell the world about it. To get the best price, your home needs to be exposed to the widest number of people who might be interested in it.
On line. In print. In person. Our extensive marketing plan includes creating a custom website for your home. We use the most trafficked real estate websites, video, professional photography and design, and we network with hundreds of real estate agents - all to bring you the greatest number of potential buyers.
- Show your home to its best advantage. Although you may still be living in your home, you’ll need buyers to imagine how they will make it their own.
We point out your home’s best features to help buyers imagine the possibilities. Our selling experience and knowledge of houses allow us to address any buyer concerns and put them in perspective. We share buyers’ and agents’ feedback with you to fine tune the selling strategy.
- Offers. An offer starts a conversation between a potential buyer and you. It is important to consider not only the price and terms, but also the buyer’s qualifications and ability to complete the transaction.
We are master negotiators. We have negotiated the sale of over 1,000 properties, and we will get you the most advantageous results. We research extensively and factor in everything we can know and intuit about the buyer and the market. In addition, we are expert at assessing whether the buyer can close the sale at the price and terms offered (particularly important if there are multiple offers).
- The Inspection. The buyer hires a home inspector to determine if there are hidden defects with the structure or systems of the property. The offer’s Inspection Contingency protects the buyer if significant unforeseen problems are discovered.
We are there. We accompany the inspector and pay close attention. If unexpected problems come up, our strength is to read the situation and use our extensive knowledge of houses and people to work through the issues and bring about the best outcome for you.
- The Purchase and Sale Agreement and the Appraisal. Your attorney will negotiate the P&S, the final, detailed sale contract. Once it is signed, the buyer’s lender sends an appraiser to make sure that the value of the property justifies the purchase price.
We go above and beyond. We do whatever it takes to coordinate the execution of this important document on time. And then we bring our expertise and our research to mount the strongest argument to the appraiser in establishing your home’s value.
- All the final details. From this point, there are still a number of critical details to complete before your house is successfully sold. Dates, deadlines, and documents rule this final stretch of the process.
We sweat the details. Our proven transaction management system assures that nothing is forgotten, everything is on time, and you can quit worrying and finish packing.
- SOLD! In a final walk-through, the buyer checks that the house is in the agreed upon condition. The closing brings all the parties together to sign the necessary papers, exchange monies and keys, and complete the sale.
Our Home Infinity Plan. The closing is the end of this intense experience, but we hope it doesn’t mean the end of our relationship. Our Home Infinity Plan (HIP) invites you to call us for any real estate related question or need from now until forever. We’ll be glad to help.