I have worked with many people through big life changes--buying a first home, selling that one and buying the next, sometimes numerous big moves.
Lately I've been getting a lot of calls to talk about the next phases of life. And I've been thinking about it myself.
- How will I live my later years? Where do I want to end up? How many more times will I move?
- Can I stay in this house for the rest of my life? Will I need to be on one floor? Will I need to downsize?
- How much is my house worth now? How much money will I have going into the future? How much money will I need?
- Will I be doing it alone? Where is my community now and where will it be in 10, 20, 30 years? Will I have housemates in my later years the way I did when I was younger?
- How do I plan to retire someplace warmer, even part time?
- How are other people going about this?
I'm planning to get some people together to dream up our next stages. We can brainstorm, share stories, ideas, and plans, maybe find like-minded people. I could invite some tax, financial and legal professionals.
Is this something that interests you? Are there other topics you would like covered?
Call or email me if you want to be part of this conversation.